#best sites for students
5 Best Sites for College Online Dating
Students today are busier than ever, especially with more of them having to work to help pay for tuition. Between classes, work, student groups and hanging out with friends, it’s hard to find time for dating.
Fortunately, many online dating services have made the process of finding a date easy. Find out which of these sites target the college crowd and why they’re better for students.
Using an online dating website just for college students makes it easier to find other young people who have similar goals and interests.
Which Students Are Interested in Online Dating
There are countless reasons why it’s hard for college students to meet new people. For example, the creators of DateMySchool.com first got their idea for the site after their female friends complained that they were spending most of their time with other students enrolled in the school of social work, most of whom were women. On the other hand, the guys in the business school were surrounded my mostly other men in their classes. Online dating helped them meet students of the opposite sex at their school.
Other students are so swamped with homework, internships, jobs and campus activities that they don’t have a lot of time to socialize. Still others may be a bit shy and have trouble meeting new people in person. In both cases, online dating may be the best way to get a date in college.
Top 5 College Online Dating Sites
1. Date My School . This is often noted as the number one dating website for college students. It makes it easy to customize your online dating experience. The New York Times reported that students can easily choose which schools and programs can see their profile.
2. Campus Hook . This top dating website for college students prides itself on having members from all different social circles. Students can search for other members by zip code or by school.
3. University Love Connection . As another popular dating service, this site has attracted thousands of students across the country. In addition to online profiles, students can check out parties and social events posted on the message boards.
4. Student Love . This site lets you search through college students from any state. It also has different levels of membership to choose from so you can decide how many features you want access to.
5. College Passions . This 100% free dating service helps college students find other singles. The site’s chat room, blog and group features also make it easier to get to know other members.
- DateMySchool.com has over 100,000 users from over 1,000 colleges, and a typical night has more than 50,000 active users.
- Only about 25% of Match.com users are 30 years or younger. and many aren’t college students or graduates. Using an online dating website just for college students makes it easier to find other young people who have similar goals and interests.
- If you use an online dating website, be sure to take safety precautions whenever you go out on a date. Make sure a friend knows where you’ll be and keep in touch with them via text throughout the date.
People Who Read This Article Also Read:
See All College Dating and Social Life Articles