#bachelor of education
Bachelor of Education (P-12)
Details for Australian residents
You are considered an Australian resident (domestic student) if you:
- Are an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- Are an Australian permanent resident; or
- Hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa
You are considered an international student if you:
- Are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and
- Do not hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa; and
- Are not a New Zealand citizen; and
- Hold a temporary visa. More information is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and liveinaustralia websites
On this page
With an education degree from VU, you’ll be job-ready before you graduate thanks to the extensive experience you’ll gain teaching in a classroom. You’ll be ready to work both locally and overseas in a profession with increasing demand around the world.
- Primary school teacher
- Secondary school teacher
Organisations employing education graduates
You could be employed in a public or private primary or secondary school, teaching disciplines such as maths, science and English, to creative performance and arts, media, business, history, health, mathematics, PE, psychology, TESOL or welfare studies and many more.
The average salary of secondary school teachers in Australia is A$78,000 (Job Outlook) .
Primary school teachers in Australia earn an average of $72,800 per year (Job Outlook) .
93 per cent of our Bachelor of Education students are employed within the first four months of graduation (VU Australian Graduate Survey).
Students complete a minimum of 80 days supervised teaching practice throughout the four-year course.