www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in Model Question Paper School Education Karnataka Assistant Teacher : Department of Public Instruction
Type of Announcement : Model Question Paper
Designation : Assistant Teacher
Answer the following questions by choosing one of the alternatives given.
1. Prameela reaches school . time.(exactly at 10 am.)
a. in b. on c. at d. within
2. Rakesh . for two hours daily.
a. reads b. has read c. read d. red
3. When I reached the railway station the train . . . . . . . . . . .
a. leaves b. has left c. had left d. is leaving
a. you would pass b. you will pass c. you would have passed d. you could pass
5. Choose the sentence with appropriate punctuation marks.
a. He said, „I would like some sugar in my coffee.”
b. He said, “i would like some sugar in my coffee”.
c. He said, “I would like some sugar in my coffee”.
d. He said, “I would like some sugar in my coffee.”
6. The team has worked . . . . . . . . . . . . for this success.
a. hardly b. hard c. little d. hardest
7. Identify the correct expression from the following:
a. You like music, isn’t it?
b. You like music, doesn’t you?
c. You like music, don’t you?
d. You like music, aren’t you?
15. The short form of will not? is . . . . . . . . . .
a. willn’t b. won’t c. wont d. ‘lln’t
16. The young one of an elephant is called a
a. kid b. calf c. cow elephant d. juvenile
17. A teetotaller is a person who
a. always drinks only tea b. never drinks tea
c. never drinks anything but water
d. abstains completely from alcoholic beverages
18. You are expected to . . . . . . . . . . . . . to the rules of the school.
a. confirm b. confrom c. conform d. come from
19. The present trend in methods of teaching is to
a. give extensive notes to students to prepare them for examinations
b. practise activity based teaching to promote experiential learning
c. follow what the top officers in the department suggest
d. allow student free to learn whatever they want to learn
20. Which of the following is very important for reading aloud?
a. pronunciation b. giving appropriate pauses c. use of falling tone at the end of every sentence d. reading speed
21. Which of the following is very important for developing writing skills among young learners?
a. good handwriting b. good sense of spelling c. good feedback by the teacher d. fluency in writing
22. A major hurdle in developing English speaking skills among learners in our society is that
a. the teachers do not know to speak in English
b. there is no scope for using English in the immediate surrounding
c. students prefer learning in their mother tongue
d. parents do not know to speak in English
23. Listening to instructions regularly develops listening skills.
a. False b. True c. 20% true d. 80% true
24. Diagnostic tests are
a. the same as achievement tests administered at the beginning of a course
b. meant for identifying learning problems in a classroom
c. meant for identifying the specific learning problems of each child
d. given only once in the beginning
25. A technique recently suggested for the professional development of teachers is
a. Chaitanya method b. Action research c. Research d. Training programmes
26. Which type of grammar do we need to teach in the classroom?
a. formal grammar b. informal grammar c. functional grammar d. prescriptive grammar
27. What is the most important component of an evaluation process?
a. Written tests b. Marks c. Grades d. Feedback to learners
28. The purpose of feedback is
a. to bring to the notice of the learners all the mistakes they have made
b. to appraise them of their strengths and weaknesses
c. to ensure that they do well in the next test
d. find out their ranking in the class
29. The four step Chaitanya methodology is recommended
a. for classes 1-4 b. for classes 6-8 c. up to class 3 d. for classes 4-5
30. From the following lists, identify the group with resources that are likely to be available through out the state
a. television, radio, computer, newspaper
b. computer, internet, radio, television
c. television, radio, newspaper, DVD players
d. television, radio, language laboratory, newspapers