SLPC 28122 2/17 (exp. 2/19)
You benefit from our flexible Short-term disability solutions that can be customized, offering the benefit choices you want and the funding options you need to control costs. When requested, and in the spirit of our Work is Healthy philosophy, our on-staff specialists work with employees to improve return to work outcomes. For voluntary coverages, Sun Life offers robust enrollment options to help educate employees on their purchase.
How does it work?
We offer flexible plan designs. You can select benefit amounts and durations that are affordable for employees and easy to manage. All plans can be offered on a stand-alone basis or combined with our Long-Term Disability plan and our Absence Management Program. Premiums can be paid by you, the employee, or both.
Our Short-Term Disability plan covers disabilities resulting from injuries or illnesses that prevent employees from performing the material duties of their occupations in the short term, in most cases up to 26 weeks.
- Prompt claim decisions
- Attractive coverage including full maternity, first-day hospitalization, and more
- On-staff nurse case managers to support claims management
- Partial disability option
- Rehabilitation program designed to identify return to work solutions earlier in the process
- Flexible and affordable solutions
- Claims management
- Service guarantees if we don’t meet certain service standards 1
- Funding options. employee-paid, employer-paid, or both
- Disability management services to help employers manage self-insured claims
- Optional Employee Assistance Program
- Help employees achieve peace of mind knowing financial support is available
1. If we do not meet the terms of a guarantee, a policyholder may request in writing a service guarantee review. Sun Life will determine whether it failed to meet the guarantee and whether a payment is made. If the request is approved, payment will be made by check during the policy year, as long as the policy remains in force during this time. Sun Life’s maximum liability under this guarantee for any policy year is limited to the lesser of 3% of the policyholder’s annual STD premium or $5,000. The maximum payment for a breach of any one guarantee is one-third of the maximum liability ($1,667). If a policyholder has more than one line of insurance coverage, the Overall Satisfaction guarantee will be paid only if the service issue arises under this guarantee.
The group insurance policies described in this advertisement provide disability income insurance only. They do NOT provide basic hospital, basic medical, or major medical insurance as defined by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
Group insurance policies are underwritten by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada (Wellesley Hills, MA) in all states, except New York, under Policy Form Series 93P-LH, 15-GP-01, 12-DI-C-01, 12-GPPort-P-01, 12-STDPort-C-01, 16-DI-C-01, TDBPOLICY-2006, and TDI-POLICY. In New York, group insurance policies are underwritten by Sun Life and Health Insurance Company (U.S.) (Lansing, MI) under Policy Form Series 15-GP-01, 13-GP-LH-01, 13-LTD-C-01, 13-STD-C-01, 06P-NY-DBL, 12-GPPort-01, and 12-STDPort-C-01. Product offerings may not be available in all states and may vary depending on state laws and regulations.
© 2017 Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, Wellesley Hills, MA 02481. All rights reserved. Sun Life Financial and the globe symbol are registered trademarks of Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us .
Contact us by phone
Call 1-877-736-4739 to find a local sales representative