Why Attend an Accredited Program?
National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification (NCE).
professionally approved standards.
Why should your program become accredited?
- Enhances a program’s reputation
- Stimulates self-review and self- directed improvement
- Highly qualified students seek enrollment in CACREP programs
- Increases faculty productivity in areas such as
research, publication and service.
Why become a Professional Counselor?
- You like to help people
- Be part of a growing profession
- Work in a variety of setting with diverse clientele
- Highly regarded profession
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Service to country and fellow humans in times of
Welcome to CACREP! This website is designed to provide information about CACREP for students, programs, and team members.
Here’s why CACREP matters:
- It is the recognized training standard for counselors by the
Institute of Medicine and the Veteran’s Administration
counseling licensure in most states, making CACREP-accreditation
a pathway to portability.
More and more programs are seeking CACREP accreditation.
There are over 750 currently accredited programs, and counting!